The mission of the Raleigh Historic Development Commission is to identify, preserve, protect, and promote Raleigh’s historic resources.
Early Development, Prior to 1830, Antebellum and Civil War Period, 1831-1865, Late Nineteenth Century,1866-1899, Early Twentieth Century, 1900-1945, Late Twentieth Century, 1946-1999, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Institutional
Displaying All Landmarks
Displaying Landmarks For All Types
Displaying Landmarks For All Periods
A Georgian Revival-style home, the John E. and Mary Frances Beaman House was built by John Beaman for his family during a period of professional success. Beaman owned the J.E.
Oberlin Cemetery is a 3-acre site within the Oberlin community, once a thriving African American village located on Raleigh's outskirts.
A three-story brick building in the late Romanesque Revival style with Italianate elements, the Raleigh Furniture Building operated as a furniture retailer for much of the 20th century.
Designed by local architect G Milton Small, a student of Mies van der Rohe, the Stahl House is an excellent example of a Contemporary Ranch style residence, as evidenced by its low-slung gable roof
Built in the early 1960s, this dramatic Modernist home is defined by its low, sweeping front gable deck roof that covers a recessed porch.
Located one mile north of downtown, the Raleigh Bonded Warehouse complex developed between 1923 and 1956. It consists of the original warehouse (1923); an office (ca. 1923, expanded ca.
An early commercial building, this utilitarian, three-story painted brick structure was originally a clothing warehouse and manufacturing facility.
This board and batten Carpenter Gothic-style church, designed by Reverend Johannes A. S. Oertel, was constructed in 1874 and augmented in 1899 and 1914.
This one-story, wood frame house with a hipped roof is one of the oldest homes in the Oakwood Historic District and is depicted in an 1872 birds-eye view map of the city.
Harwell Hamilton Harris, an internationally known Modernist architect, designed this flat-roofed, stucco-clad house to include living quarters for himself and his wife, a studio for his architectur